Welcome to the Waterloo Amateur Retriever Club
| We are an AKC licensed club and a community of retriever owners with a common interest in hunt tests, field trials, and hunting retrievers. Our club's members are based out of the Austin, Round Rock, and surrounding areas.
The club gathers during the month for training days, hosts two AKC sanctioned hunt tests annually, sponsors Professional training clinics, snake avoidance seminars and other retriever related events.
The Waterloo Amateur Retriever Club hosts monthly meetings to discuss upcoming events, club business, and to educate members on retriever topics ranging from veterinary health to retriever training of all levels. We welcome anyone interested in gaining more knowledge about retriever related events, retriever training, and hunt tests.
For more information or questions, please contact the club's President or email email@example.com.
Vice President -
Member at Large -
WARC Training is back beginning Tue. Sept. 22nd
When training resumes:
We are following safe and responsible practices
according to AKC guidelines as follows:
WARC COVID – 19 Guidelines
These guidelines are a subset of the AKC
Hunt Test, State, and Local guidelines
and are here for your protection.
You are responsible for your safety and the safety of those at this WARC event.
1. If you are sick, have a fever, not feeling well, or have been in contact with an individual with COVID-19 infections, DO NOT ATTEND THE WARC EVENT, stay home.
2. Practice personal distancing consistent with local guidelines ( 6 + ft)
3. Avoid shaking hands or hugging
4. Bring your own personal hand wash/disinfectant - wash/clean your hands regularly
5. Bring your own food, snacks, water, beverages
6. Bring your own chair
7. Consider wearing a face covering when in close proximity of others
8. Wear gloves and disinfect equipment you use, i.e. dummy gun, ATV, bird crates, etc.
9. If you have a health issue that may make you more suseptial to infections - take personal extra precautions or do not attend the event.
10. These suggested best practices are only guidelines and may change without notice. All attendees are asked to take all neccesary precautions in order that everyone feels safe while enjoying the event.
Please be respectful of others and their concerns
as we get back in the field.